Are you passionate about healthy food?
Looking to join an exciting startup at the ground level?
Are you a problem solver who likes puzzles?
Come join Yay Lunch! and help us provide healthy lunches to grade school kids!
Yay Lunch is a new business concept and we’re seeking a Lunch Delivery Operations Supervisor to run our operations in the Washington DC metro area. This role is split between 50% home office and 50% local travel within your market.
Our mission is to provide healthy food for kids away from home, beginning with school lunches.
How? We curate menus with local vendors in each market, families order online, and we deliver fresh lunches daily to kids at school.
Since launching a pilot in the 2017 / 18 school year, we have expanded rapidly. We currently operate in the DC, Baltimore, Atlanta and Philadelphia metro areas, as well as Richmond, Norfolk, and Charlottesville, Virginia. We have aggressive growth plans backed by experienced venture capital partners, and we are excited about our prospects! We are growing and looking for an Operations Lead who, working closely with the Operations Manager, VP of Logistics and internal team, will ensure smooth operations as we scale.
As our Operations Lead, you will:
- Be responsible for the operations in Washington DC metro (including NOVA and MD suburbs)
- Ensure the daily accurate, on-time delivery of lunches to our schools
- Create and send daily order assignments
- Hire, train, schedule and manage a team of Brand Ambassadors
- Work with the Head of People to ensure all hiring and training standards are met
- Create efficient routing between vendors and schools
- Travel frequently within your market to help with daily operations
- Develop and manage working relationships with vendors and schools in the area
- Work with the Growth Development Manager on growth and development of the area
- Always be on the lookout for operational improvements
- Ensure the accuracy of your team’s time-sheets and reimbursements for bi-weekly payroll reporting
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
You must be:
- Quick to resolve problems
- People-oriented with a focus on driving team engagement and meeting organizational objectives
- Detailed oriented + hyper-organized
- Collaborative and willing to jump in and take on any job
- Able to stay calm under pressure
You must have:
- Operations + logistics experience
- Management experience
- Retail, catering, restaurant management experience
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Drive, Sheets, Word, Hangout, etc.)
- Strong time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A reliable, personal vehicle, great driving record, & car insurance
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is highly encouraged and desired for this role
We are offering:
- Health Insurance - Medical, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Retirement, up to 3.5% employer match
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited time off program)
- Technology allowance, data stipend, office allowance (or co-working space)
- Remote, flexible, and family-friendly environment
- Significant support structures, on-the-ground training, & coaching from central team members
Compensation: $45,000 + mileage
Yay Lunch requires all team members, including new hires, to report their COVID-19 vaccination status